As many of you know, I adore Briton of Punk Rock Papa, who is my daily dose of parenthood comic relief and my real life friend who just happens to live about 20 minutes from me. Today he’s gracing OMTA with his presence to bring us one of his family’s favorite recipes that he deemed fit to share with us: the Almighty Jäger Burger. I will warn you, this burger is not for the faint of heart. It’s a meaty, cheesy, spicy, boozy hot mess of pure awesome. And you will look like a savage eating it. But it’s the best burger I’ve had in a long time and well worth the few steps to make it all come together.
Punk Rock Papa and I sort of tag-teamed this post: he crafted the recipe and provided the comedy and I took some pictures after I made it at home (in my opinion, a recipe’s gotta have pictures or I’m totally lost.) My husband chipped in by taking some of the Jäger off my hands, being the fine, upstanding man that he is.
Take it away Briton…
- 2 lb ground beef
- 1 onion, diced
- 6 tbsp Sriracha sauce
- 2 oz Jägermeister
- 1/2 cup shredded Colby Jack cheese
- 1 habanero pepper, finely diced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp Jägermeister
- 1 tbsp honey
- Dice the onion.
- In a large bowl, mix the beef, diced onion, Sriracha and Jägermeister.
- Shape the meat mixture into eight patties; press indents into four of them and fill with cheese.
- Place four remaining patties on top of the cheese-filled ones and pinch the sides to make one whole burger.
- Grill til cooked through.
- Add olive oil to small pan and char the habaneros until black.
- Add habaneros and remaining sauce ingredients to a blender or food processor and blend until smooth.
- Spread aioli sauce on toasted hamburger buns and top with burgers, American cheese, tomato, onion and lettuce.