Healthy Homemade Chicken Salad
A quick, healthy lunch option with minimal prep
Write a review
What you need
- 1.5 lb chicken breasts, cooked and diced
- 1 apple (any kind)
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 small red onion, diced
- 1/4 cup walnuts, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp mayo (or however much you like to use)
- Salt, pepper and paprika to taste
- Cook chicken all the way through. When cool, dice.
- Add remaining ingredients and mix in large bowl with mayo, paprika, salt and pepper.
- Serve over greens or in a sandwich.
- To make this recipe even easier, use pre-cooked rotisserie chicken. If you're not a fan of apples, grapes are also a great addition.
One Mother to Another http://one-mother-to-another.com/
Melissa Mowry is a stay at home mom to 3 year old Chase and the slightly younger guy, Sam. She is the main voice behind One Mother to Another, which she started in July 2014 as a way to connect with other moms who felt just as lonely as she did some days. She is married to her high school sweetheart, Adam, and they live in their home state of Rhode Island. Melissa's work has been featured on the Huffington Post, Scary Mommy, Mamalode, Coffee + Crumbs and Mamapedia, among others. Her book, One Mother to Another: This Is Just Between Us is for sale on Amazon.