As soon as the cold weather hits (let’s be honest, it’s more like the end of August) I can’t wait to fire up the stockpot and start making soups. There’s just something about soup after a day of church and football that comforts me, so I make one every Sunday and then have the leftovers for Adam’s lunches during the week. Since it needs to last, I almost always double the recipe. All of these recipes have been tested in our house and are kid-approved, but the boys’ favorites are #2, #5, #7, and #12. I hope you enjoy these hearty soups for the cold weather as much as we do and, if you make any of them, please let me know!
- Slow Cooker Tuscan Chicken Stew from Sweet Peas & Saffron
- Tuscan Sausage Soup from Feast on the Cheap
- French Onion Soup from Jo and Sue
- Tomato Basil Parmesan Soup from Random Thoughts and Thrills
- Slow Cooker Creamy Tortellini, Spinach and Chicken Soup from 365 Days of Crockpot
- Italian Orzo Spinach Soup from Gimme Some Oven
- Creamy Pumpkin & Butternut Squash Soup from Food.com
- Paleo White Chicken Chili from A Spicy Perspective
- Chicken Tortilla Soup by Paleo Comfort Foods
- Slow Cooker Potato and Corn Chowder by Damn Delicious
- Beef & Veggie Soup by Mommy Hates Cooking
- Copycat Panera Broccoli & Cheese Soup by The Recipe Critic
What are your family’s favorite soups? Leave them in the comments!